Friday, April 30, 2010

NEW MUSIC VIDEO!! LEIF JAMES "HERE I GO"

Tim Cash of FARfromEARTH Films here. I had the pleasure of working with singer/songwriter Leif James this week. We didnt have much as far as budget so we went gonzo and shot for about an hour maybe an hour an a half then posted till later in the evening and had it up on vimeo by 10pm the same day. We went super simple on this one. all natural light and the canon 7d. A camera which I've absolutely fallen in love with. it took me a while to get the hang of it. but now I feel as though its my new best friend. its so small and with the cheap 50mm 1.8 lense it weighs almost nothing. in fact I tried to shoot it with the higher end 50mm 1.2 but I think the lens weighs more than the body and I was getting used to the weighting of the other lense so decided to shoot it on the cheaper and much much lighter 1.8 . you might think this is weird but going handheld with this camera is the biggest challenge especially when not shooting at 60p. But I've figured out a locked elbo style that seems to keep the vibrations almost out. anyway check out the video. I was able to capture the real rough around the edges and super talented Leif James.

The video as already had some press in its first day:
The Source Weekly------Mike Bookey
http://tsweekly.com/5748-new-leif-james-music-video.html
The Bulletin------Ben Salmon
http://frequency.blogs.bendbulletin.com/2010/04/29/video-leif-james-here-i-go/

also dont forget to check out our stock footage website SLAMSTOCK! with the most inexpensive prices in the business.

Leif James "Here I Go" music video from FARfromEARTH Films on Vimeo.

No comments: